Flurries Of Hodgepodge Fun
Welcome to another week in The Wednesday Hodgepodge. The questions are provided by Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond.
1. It’s National Popcorn Day-my favorite! Are you a fan? Sweet or salty? A good or great movie you’ve seen recently (at home or in a theater, either one)? Before I gave up heavy carbo foods, popcorn was a favorite, whether it was salty or sweet. I’m glad I quit eating anything with corn in it (it is pure sugar). It’s so nice that now I don’t have trouble with spiking blood sugar, bloating, constipation, grogginess, memory loss, etc.. Eating Keto has helped me live and feel so much better, sleep longer, and breathe easier. My Doctor is very pleased with how much weight I’ve lost and my health is so improved. Now it seems like my joints are giving out from so much physical labor, but, hey, that’s life. I’ve worn out the machine. One day it will cease to run and I will go dwell with Jesus forever.
2. What’s something you didn’t realize was going to take so much of your time as an adult? For real, I don’t think I’ve thought much about time. If something needs done, I set about doing it. It takes what it takes.
3. Your favorite yellow something?
Yellow is a happy color. Our Master Bedroom is a light yellow. The room looks so bright and cheerful. There are so many variations to this color too. For me, all colors are pretty in their own way but my favorite yellow is anything with flowers, 🌼 but anyone who follows this blog for any length of time knows I’m a Nature Girl. God paints prettier views than I ever could. Our sunsets this past Fall and lately have been absolutely spectacular.
4. Why do you write? That’s a $64 question, isn’t it!? 😊 I write because: I have opinions, life experiences and a little acquired knowledge about some things that I enjoy. Because of what God has done for us I want to share that everyone has value and a purpose. I want to share His goodness and praise Him so that fellow Believers may be edified and, if someone is not saved, hopefully help bring them to Jesus Christ. Writing is a good document for remembering all the projects we do around the Estate. And then there’s the fact that I’ve made many on-line friends that have become life-long friends. Some, like Simply Linda and Your Friend in Florida, I’ve even had the privilege to meet in person. That’s fun and I highly recommend doing so, if possible. Now we all pray for each other and lift each other up. How cool is that!? 💖
5. Share a favorite memory associated with snow.
We live in Southeast Georgia which rarely experiences the frozen wet stuff. It snowed here on January 3rd, 2018. Needless to say, we snapped LOTS of photos that day. It was fun but I’m glad it is seldom and far between. What a mess afterwards! It did add a great deal to our drought stricken water table though. The flowers that Spring were magnificent.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Since 1998 or so I had a website that featured all much of my genealogy research. In those days it was at GeoCities and it was free. Then it was bought out by, or became, Yahoo! That’s when I decided to pay for the site. That’s only fair, as it did cost them to keep it on-line. Then it was bought out by Aabaco. Ok. Nothing changed, just the name, so, I hung on. No problem. Then Verizon gobbled it all up. Verizon is so inept I was locked out of my own website and had to call Customer Service for help. The first young Indian lady that answered had a terrible accent. I couldn’t understand a word she was saying. As politely as I could muster, I asked for someone that could speak English. Please. This involved a long wait, and many return phone calls, until they could find one. In the meantime, I decided that’s enough. I have since cancelled the whole deal. As of now, RedBirdAcres.net no longer exists. Kinda sad, that. But if companies can’t or won’t hire Americans, I’ll keep my money, thank you very much. Money talks …
It’s been nice taking a blogging break. There is a minor home improvement project in the works I will share later when completed. It’s a long time in the making because of joint pains, finances, and the like but I think it will look really nice when done.
With that said, I hope your day is blessed.